Re: [opensuse] 11.4 on MSI CR650 = disaster
- From: "Hans-Peter Jansen" <hpj@xxxxxxxxx>
- Date: Mon, 9 May 2011 11:26:32 +0200
On Monday 09 May 2011, 11:10:56 Per Jessen wrote:
Hans-Peter Jansen wrote:
* wireless isn't supported
Is this device supported in a later kernel, or a driver package
37: PCI 500.0: 0280 Network controller
[Created at pci.318]
Unique ID: Ddhb.vQKT2QHRnDE
Parent ID: AKhP.FZg9Z3lH594
SysFS ID: /devices/pci0000:00/0000:00:15.2/0000:05:00.0
SysFS BusID: 0000:05:00.0
Hardware Class: network
Model: "Realtek Network controller"
Vendor: pci 0x10ec "Realtek Semiconductor Co., Ltd."
Device: pci 0x8176
This is an RTL8188 - afaict, it's not supported by 11.4
out-of-the-box, but there is a driver in staging for rtl8187 and
others, it might work for 8188 too.
Okay, will try.
To unsubscribe, e-mail: opensuse+unsubscribe@xxxxxxxxxxxx
For additional commands, e-mail: opensuse+help@xxxxxxxxxxxx
- Prev by Date: Re: [opensuse] 11.4 on MSI CR650 = disaster
- Next by Date: [opensuse] How to disable alt-enter=maximize in Xterm under 11.4?
- Previous by thread: Re: [opensuse] 11.4 on MSI CR650 = disaster
- Next by thread: Re: [opensuse] 11.4 on MSI CR650 = disaster