Re: [opensuse] Personal settings problem in 11.3

On Friday, May 13, 2011 03:21:54 PM Sven Burmeister wrote:
Am Freitag, 13. Mai 2011, 12:30:39 schrieb C. Brouerius van Nidek:
Since some days I have run into problems with my personal settings.
Information changed in the "Personal Settings(Configure Desktop)"
are not saved properly and after a reboot inputs are close to defaults.
Running Personal settings gives me a full screen with Opacity 50% without
border. If I use Alt + F3 I can change opacity to 100% but as soon as I
start using the personal setting opacity returns to 50%. I tried to get
the border back but the button for this does not produce anything.

I want to renew these settings. A renewal of desktop settings is nowhere
offered. Which file should I delete and would a new running of this
program automatically renew all settings?

I guess you are talking about KDE's systemsettings? If so, this would be
better off at the opensuse-kde mailinglist.

Config-files are kept in ~/.kde4/share/config, so everything you move away
from that folder is re-created the next time you start the app the moved
file belongs to.

Did you try with a new user? If saving the session etc. works for that user
it's the config but if it does not work either there is some other issue,
e.g. packages from different repos not matching, permissions issue etc.

Yes, KDE settings. Thanks. will have a look at the kde mailinglist.

--
Linux User 183145 using LXDE on a Pentium IV ,