Re: [opensuse] Ex disk problem

James Hatridge wrote:

Hi all,

I got one of the cheap IOmega 1tb external HDs. Well I drop the !"§$!
thing and now it will not work. Do you guys think if I break it open
that the disk might still be usable? I really would like to get my
data off the disk.

I'm pretty certain harddrives are supposed to take (quite a bit) more
than 1G - I think your drive might well still work. Maybe it's just the
cable or a connector or something.

--
Per Jessen, Zürich (13.1°C)

  • [opensuse] Ex disk problem
    ... I got one of the cheap IOmega 1tb external HDs. ... I really would like to get my data off the disk. ... We have been carefully breeding insane, ...
    (SuSE)
  • Re: [opensuse] Ex disk problem
    ... On 05/16/2011 05:02 AM, James Hatridge wrote: ... I got one of the cheap IOmega 1tb external HDs. ... I really would like to get my data off the disk. ...
    (SuSE)
  • Re: [SLE] HD problem...
    ... On Fri July 30 2004 8:17 am, James Hatridge wrote: ... Now the disk will not work. ... Linux filesystem. ... > Jim Hatridge ...
    (SuSE)
  • Incorrect Internal HD Designation and Other Problems
    ... The HDs were initially setup as follows: ... In the past few months, I began to notice unusual problems with the computer such as: in Disk Management, Disk O designation would be reversed with Disk 1. ... I also began to have problems with moving files and folders and some other unusual errors Had problems in seeing the external HDs. ...
    (alt.sys.pc-clone.dell)