[opensuse] Re: Ex disk problem

Hi all,

On 2011/05/17 07:45 (GMT+0200) James Hatridge composed:
Thanks to everyone! I broke open the case and put the HD in my system and
it works fine now.

What did you find inside? WD? Samsung? Seagate? Hitachi? Brandless? Other?
SATA?

Does it have a typical branding label on it, complete with date of
manufacture? Or was it an Iomega label, or no label?

How easy was it to break open?

It was easy to open, it was just snapped together. It had a good Samsung Sata
HD in it. I put it in an empty 3.5 slot I had in my system and plugged it in.
All I had to do was give it a mount point.

Now it works fine.

JIM

--
The US was colonized by the religious, political, economic, and criminal
rejects of every country in the world. We have been carefully breeding insane,

  • The failed drive: now replaced
    ... read the label), is a Samsung 1TB HD103SJ Rev A. ... I decided to go for a 5900rpm Seagate Barracuda 1.5TB to replace it. ... one I needed to keep the cost down, and for another I thought the ...
    (uk.comp.sys.mac)
  • Re: The failed drive: now replaced
    ... read the label), is a Samsung 1TB HD103SJ Rev A. ... I had bad experiences with Samsungs since the dreaded 'Made In China' ...
    (uk.comp.sys.mac)
  • Re: Royal Mail: new online postage service launched
    ... I'm using a Samsung ML-1610 ... You have the choice of printing to DL envelope (I chose then and then ... tell the printer to print on C5 envelopes), A4 whole sheet, 2 UP on ... label big enough to do the 'stamp' and address on one label, ...
    (uk.people.consumers.ebay)
  • Re: The failed drive: now replaced
    ... On 23/11/2012 in message Andy wrote: ... read the label), is a Samsung 1TB HD103SJ Rev A. ... I had bad experiences with Samsungs since the dreaded 'Made In China' sticker appeared on them. ...
    (uk.comp.sys.mac)
  • V: Komplettsystem mit Intel E6700 und Eizo Monitor 20"
    ... Ich verkaufe meinen Komplettrechner, das Kaufdatum steht immer in Klamern ... 250 GB Festplatte Samsung SP2504C SATA II ...
    (de.markt.comp.hardware.misc)