Re: [opensuse] Re: Installing both .i586 and .x86_64 version of the same package

On Wednesday, May 18, 2011 10:43:13 Joachim Schrod wrote:
Dimstar / Dominique Leuenberger wrote:
On Wed, 2011-05-18 at 03:13 +0200, Joachim Schrod wrote:
How are the -32bit rpms normally created? I wanted to look if there
is a .spec file that creates them from the i586 packages; but
zypper source-install tells me it doesn't find appropriate source
packages for any -32bit.rpm that I tried.

Some packages have a baselibs.conf file, instruction the build service
to create the -32bit packages.

Ah, I see. That's easy; so I'm going to make my own changed lib
packages when 32bit variants are missing.

What would be the correct way to inquire for addition of such
baselibs.conf files to standard openSUSE packages -- via Bugzilla,
or via OpenFATE? Maybe I could trigger to get them into 12.1, and
thus would get them without own package building the next time.

Either via bugzilla or direct as a patch - branch the package, update it, and
submit the fixed version back...

Andreas
--
Andreas Jaeger, Program Manager openSUSE
aj@{novell.com,suse.com,opensuse.org} Twitter/Identica: jaegerandi