Re: [opensuse] Lost sound (KDE4)
- From: Per Jessen <per@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
- Date: Tue, 05 Jul 2011 15:59:03 +0200
Sven Burmeister wrote:
Am Dienstag, 5. Juli 2011, 15:19:50 schrieb Per Jessen:
I ran an upgrade of my sons desktop machine over the weekend, and it
now lost sound completely. Via YaST, I've deleted and reconfigured
the soundcard, but this had no (apparent) effect.
The card is currently detected as "d330 uT' with driver snd-intel8x0
- I'm afraid I don't know if that was also the previous config.
AFAIR, the kmix application used to show several miscellaneous
sliders, but they seem to have gone too. (replaced by 3-4 tabs with
Any suggestions on how to get sound back? (apart from reinstall).
Is there really not a single app that plays sound or just KDE? Does it
not work either for a new user?
I'll try a new user and see if that works. Otherwise the welcome sound
isn't played, and flash in Firefox doesn't produce any sound either.
You could have a look at the phonon backend via systemsettings >
multimedia > phonon. For xine it sometimes helps to remove the ~/.xine
folder if updating its plugin list screwed things up. Pulseaudio may
play a role, you can enable/disable it via YaST. You can also try the
different phonon backends available, i.e. gstreamer and vlc.
Per Jessen, Zürich (26.1°C)
To unsubscribe, e-mail: opensuse+unsubscribe@xxxxxxxxxxxx
For additional commands, e-mail: opensuse+help@xxxxxxxxxxxx
- Prev by Date: [opensuse] Kudos to the tumbleweed influence on 11.4
- Next by Date: Re: [opensuse] Installation of 11.4 fails: Error 22 for GRUB --- now also Windows disappeared!
- Previous by thread: Re: [opensuse] Lost sound (KDE4)
- Next by thread: Re: [opensuse] Lost sound (KDE4)