[opensuse] Nvidia vs ATI

Since there is no available driver for the Intel HD Integrated Graphics card on the Intel MB I bought last week, I've inquired about supported PCI Express cards that I could install instead. My usual merchant carries cards of Ndivia and ATI, and has in stock ATI HD3650.

A web search assures me that this card belongs to the Redeon series; <man ati> says that Radeon is supported, so I assume that this one is.

He also has similar Nvidia cards. I am shying away from Nvidia because I have seen over the years so many discussions about difficulties, perhaps quirks in the available drivers, that make them seem like avoidable trouble. And yet I know that many buy and use them, so I am perhaps exaggerating the risk. I'd be happy to read any comment anyone has to offer about this.

--
Stan Goodman
Qiryat Tiv'on

  • Re: VxWorks 6.6 - Ethernet interface driver support
    ... Ethernet interface cards, deploying the "Intel PRO/1000 VxBus Enhanced ... Network Driver" in conjunction with the "Generic PHY driver", ... these interfaces. ...   MII_Bus @ 0x005073cc ...
    (comp.os.vxworks)
  • [patch] v4l: cx88 driver update
    ... Finally the big cx88 driver update which makes the cx88-dvb ... driver compile and work for some cards. ... const unsigned int cx88_idcount = ARRAY_SIZE; ... struct btcx_riscmem *risc) ...
    (Linux-Kernel)
  • Re: VGA cards
    ... but people may need some functions that are not provided by Intel ... And remember that Intel driver also had its own glitches... ... So ATI are another brand, ... overall hassle is generally far less on using Intel cards. ...
    (Debian-User)
  • sd cards : OCR busy?
    ... on some other cards. ... My recent error is - the error OCR busy Error. ... OMAP OCPI interconnect driver loaded ... MMC1: OCR busy error, CMD55 ...
    (Linux-Kernel)
  • Re: VxWorks 6.6 - Ethernet interface driver support
    ... Ethernet interface cards, deploying the "Intel PRO/1000 VxBus Enhanced ... Network Driver" in conjunction with the "Generic PHY driver", ... out the fiber optic support saves a little bit of code space). ...
    (comp.os.vxworks)