[opensuse] Nvidia vs ATI
- From: Stan Goodman <stan.goodman@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
- Date: Sun, 17 Jul 2011 16:05:57 +0300
Since there is no available driver for the Intel HD Integrated Graphics card on the Intel MB I bought last week, I've inquired about supported PCI Express cards that I could install instead. My usual merchant carries cards of Ndivia and ATI, and has in stock ATI HD3650.
A web search assures me that this card belongs to the Redeon series; <man ati> says that Radeon is supported, so I assume that this one is.
He also has similar Nvidia cards. I am shying away from Nvidia because I have seen over the years so many discussions about difficulties, perhaps quirks in the available drivers, that make them seem like avoidable trouble. And yet I know that many buy and use them, so I am perhaps exaggerating the risk. I'd be happy to read any comment anyone has to offer about this.
To unsubscribe, e-mail: opensuse+unsubscribe@xxxxxxxxxxxx
For additional commands, e-mail: opensuse+help@xxxxxxxxxxxx
- Prev by Date: [opensuse] Sort of OT: Win games running in VB.
- Next by Date: Re: [opensuse] Nvidia vs ATI
- Previous by thread: [opensuse] Sort of OT: Win games running in VB.
- Next by thread: Re: [opensuse] Nvidia vs ATI