[opensuse] Re: Java issues

Marc Chamberlin wrote:
On 7/19/2011 2:49 AM, Joachim Schrod wrote:
There are no 32bit versions that one can install properly. (Such
packages would be named libtcnative-1-0-32bit etc.) Installing
libtcnative-1-0.i586 was a no-go since it would pull in 32bit
Apache via its dependency to libapr1.

As I wrote, you have to make these packages yourself. Installing
them forcefully breaks your system in a way that it would be better
to install 32bit-PAE from the start, IMHO.
At the moment, Tomcat seems to be running OK so I am going to leave it
alone and not install the x32 versions of these packages.. (Probably
setting myself up for hell later on...)

I don't think so. libtcnative is not needed for Tomcat
functionality. It's needed for production servers to get full
performance; it yields roughly a 10% speed improvement.

I also demand from my programmers that they use it in final
operation's readyness tests, before any code is shipped to
customers that use it as well in their production settings.

Joachim

  • Re: Where is Phobos P430 QFE X1034A Driver
    ... The following packages are available: ... Installing Phobos P430 Adapter Driver for 32 bit PCI QuadPort ... devfsadm: driver failed to attach: pqfe ...
    (comp.sys.sun.admin)
  • Re: OpenCOBOL/GNUCobol
    ... Did you compile the compiler AND run make check ... packages and it can never seem to resolve all the conflicts. ... GNU Cobol MAY require the following external library to be installed: ... NOTE - libltdl is NOT needed when installing on Linux, ...
    (comp.lang.cobol)
  • Re: Why no R in Fedora (was Statistical Package (like Minitab) for Linux)
    ... > The fedora rpm provided at the CRAN site contains very few add-on ... > packages would provide a large amount of functionality. ... > Users can easily install.packageson top of this more stuff from CRAN. ... > I always seem to end up installing a few packages eg. lineno, ...
    (Fedora)
  • Re: Linux/Python Issues
    ... It doesn't suck if you're just installing one program, ... tool to retrieve packages, but then the developers got "feature envy" ... you've got to face the problem that your distribution isn't going to ...
    (comp.lang.python)
  • Re: Exportability of EDA industry from North America?
    ... > if a stock RedHat 9 system really does have so much trouble installing ... RedHat never uses /usr/local/lib for its libraries, ... > standard or similar to the upstream source packages. ... that you have created in your development of gEDA, ...
    (sci.electronics.cad)