Re: [opensuse] Add KDE activity programatically?

On 09/08/11 07:45, Roger Oberholtzer wrote:
I have been looking for information on this but do not see it. Is it
possible to set up (install new) activities when installing software.

For example, in out software suite, it could be interesting to have a
calibration activity, a diagnostics activity, a measurement activity,
and an analysis activity. These never occur at the same time, use
different tools, an could perhaps benefit from desktop streamlining when
that activity is active.

This will probably never happen if we need to set these up by hand. If,
however, we could (1) detect if the activity is already defined so we do
not muck up an already installed activity, and (2) install an activity
that does not exist, we could then justify investigating the use of
activities in our systems.

Any pointers are welcome.

Yours sincerely,

Roger Oberholtzer

I haven't done it myself but I think you're looking for this:
http://techbase.kde.org/KDE_System_Administration/PlasmaDesktopScripting

You can use JS scripts to add, configure, remove panels, desktops, activities, etc.

Regards,
Tejas

  • =?iso-8859-1?Q?Re:_New_Windows_2003_Cluster_-_MSI_=B4s_are_not_applied?=
    ... Are you only installing software to a computer? ... The assignment of application Previous Versions Client from policy Software Assign - Previous Versions Client succeeded. ... The install of application Previous Versions Client from policy "whatever" - Previous Versions Client failed. ... This has to be done on both the share permisions and the ntfs permisions. ...
    (microsoft.public.windows.group_policy)
  • Re: error 0x8007007e
    ... Attempt to access the Windows Update site again. ... Do you have any web "accelerators", download ... >> Asynchronous Install completed startup ... >> Installing SOFTWARE item from publisher com_microsoft ...
    (microsoft.public.windowsupdate)
  • Re: error 0x8007007e
    ... " This issue can be resolved by enabling "Use HTTP 1.1 through proxy ... Attempt to access the Windows Update site again. ... > Asynchronous Install completed startup ... > Installing SOFTWARE item from publisher com_microsoft ...
    (microsoft.public.windowsupdate)
  • Re: Installing software in TS session
    ... All of my updates are done on both the server and client machine. ... I need to install a proprietary software to each terminal services profile ... installing software on terminal server is NOT same as other windows ...
  • Re: error 0x8007007e
    ... Here are some entries from the windows update.log ... Downloading file ... Asynchronous Install completed startup ... Installing SOFTWARE item from publisher com_microsoft ...
    (microsoft.public.windowsupdate)