Re: [opensuse] Add KDE activity programatically?

On 09/08/11 07:45, Roger Oberholtzer wrote:
I have been looking for information on this but do not see it. Is it
possible to set up (install new) activities when installing software.

For example, in out software suite, it could be interesting to have a
calibration activity, a diagnostics activity, a measurement activity,
and an analysis activity. These never occur at the same time, use
different tools, an could perhaps benefit from desktop streamlining when
that activity is active.

This will probably never happen if we need to set these up by hand. If,
however, we could (1) detect if the activity is already defined so we do
not muck up an already installed activity, and (2) install an activity
that does not exist, we could then justify investigating the use of
activities in our systems.

Any pointers are welcome.

Yours sincerely,

Roger Oberholtzer

I haven't done it myself but I think you're looking for this:
http://techbase.kde.org/KDE_System_Administration/PlasmaDesktopScripting

You can use JS scripts to add, configure, remove panels, desktops, activities, etc.

Regards,
Tejas