[opensuse] Kindle/Wine problem

I recently downloaded and installed on my desktop machine the current
KindleForPC (1.6.1). This release has the minor problem that it can't
open books(!), which makes it useless. Fortunately, I have the installer
for v1.5.0, which I know to be fundtional because it is running well on
my laptop machine. Both machines run oS v11.4.

I uninstalled the v1.6.1 Kindle from Wine by deleting the directory
~/.wine/..../Kindle as suggested by some of the advice I found through
Google, then dropping the installer on the Wine configuration window;
this is how I have previously installed Kindle on both machines in more
than one installation. But the drop operation fails -- the installer
icon is overlaid by a "Don't" road traffic sign.

I assume that I need to do something lese in the bowels of the pseudo-
Windows structure to convince it to accept the replacement installation.
Can someone tell me what?

--
Stan Goodman
Qiryat Tiv'on

  • Re: [opensuse] Kindle/Wine problem
    ... But if you look in the Wine website, you'll see a list of "issues", by ... the only windows thing I want is Kindle. ... Drag the installer to the window and drop it. ...
    (SuSE)
  • Re: [opensuse] Kindle/Wine problem
    ... But if you look in the Wine website, you'll see a list of "issues", ... the only windows thing I want is Kindle. ... Drag the installer to the window and drop it. ...
    (SuSE)
  • Re: [opensuse] Kindle/Wine problem
    ... application installer UI on top), ... But if you look in the Wine website, you'll see a list of "issues", ... the only windows thing I want is Kindle. ...
    (SuSE)
  • Re: RubyInstaller 1.9.2-p136 released
    ... I found a minor problem when installing RubyInstaller package of Ruby ... as the installer will not remove any file copied by the user into the ...
    (comp.lang.ruby)