[opensuse] Kindle/Wine problem
- From: Stan Goodman <stan.goodman@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
- Date: Sun, 21 Aug 2011 15:13:21 +0300
I recently downloaded and installed on my desktop machine the current
KindleForPC (1.6.1). This release has the minor problem that it can't
open books(!), which makes it useless. Fortunately, I have the installer
for v1.5.0, which I know to be fundtional because it is running well on
my laptop machine. Both machines run oS v11.4.
I uninstalled the v1.6.1 Kindle from Wine by deleting the directory
~/.wine/..../Kindle as suggested by some of the advice I found through
Google, then dropping the installer on the Wine configuration window;
this is how I have previously installed Kindle on both machines in more
than one installation. But the drop operation fails -- the installer
icon is overlaid by a "Don't" road traffic sign.
I assume that I need to do something lese in the bowels of the pseudo-
Windows structure to convince it to accept the replacement installation.
Can someone tell me what?
To unsubscribe, e-mail: opensuse+unsubscribe@xxxxxxxxxxxx
For additional commands, e-mail: opensuse+help@xxxxxxxxxxxx
- Prev by Date: Re: [opensuse] KMail2, am I the only user with this problem?
- Next by Date: Re: [opensuse] Kindle/Wine problem
- Previous by thread: [opensuse] KMail2, am I the only user with this problem?
- Next by thread: Re: [opensuse] Kindle/Wine problem