Re: [opensuse] Kindle/Wine problem
- From: Stan Goodman <stan.goodman@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
- Date: Thu, 25 Aug 2011 21:18:57 +0300
On Thursday 25 August 2011 19:59:49 zGreenfelder wrote:
've never used the windows kindle software, so I'm not exactly sure
what functionality you're looking for, but I'd suggest trying calibre
(www.calibre-ebook.com) it will do basic management of your kindle,
let you delete and update/upload (e.g. you could download .mobi files
from project gutenberg and save them to your kindle) and fetch/upload
feeds (ala the Astronomy picture of the day, or XKCD is setup as news
feed, I believe).
I can't say for certain how well it'll work on Suse; I use it pretty
much exclusively on ubuntu -- I can say for certain that it does not
play happily with CentOS 5.6 so your mileage will nearly certainly
it's not a direct fix, but it might be another way to skin the cat.
You have targetted the wrong cat.
Kindle for PC is not a way to feed or index a Kindle Reader, it is a
Kindle Reader in software, that runs under Windows. Calibre is
irrelevant for me because it can't read Kindle Books.
To unsubscribe, e-mail: opensuse+unsubscribe@xxxxxxxxxxxx
For additional commands, e-mail: opensuse+help@xxxxxxxxxxxx
- Prev by Date: Re: [opensuse] Conversions
- Next by Date: Re: [opensuse] Kindle/Wine problem
- Previous by thread: Re: [opensuse] Kindle/Wine problem
- Next by thread: [opensuse] openSUSE 11.4 and netatalk 2.2.0