Re: [opensuse] Kindle/Wine problem

On Thursday 25 August 2011 19:59:49 zGreenfelder wrote:
've never used the windows kindle software, so I'm not exactly sure
what functionality you're looking for, but I'd suggest trying calibre
(www.calibre-ebook.com) it will do basic management of your kindle,
let you delete and update/upload (e.g. you could download .mobi files
from project gutenberg and save them to your kindle) and fetch/upload
feeds (ala the Astronomy picture of the day, or XKCD is setup as news
feed, I believe).

I can't say for certain how well it'll work on Suse; I use it pretty
much exclusively on ubuntu -- I can say for certain that it does not
play happily with CentOS 5.6 so your mileage will nearly certainly
vary.

it's not a direct fix, but it might be another way to skin the cat.

You have targetted the wrong cat.

Kindle for PC is not a way to feed or index a Kindle Reader, it is a
Kindle Reader in software, that runs under Windows. Calibre is
irrelevant for me because it can't read Kindle Books.

Thanks anyway.

--
Stan Goodman
Qiryat Tiv'on