Re: [opensuse] Kindle/Wine problem

On Thursday 25 August 2011 19:59:49 zGreenfelder wrote:
've never used the windows kindle software, so I'm not exactly sure
what functionality you're looking for, but I'd suggest trying calibre
(www.calibre-ebook.com) it will do basic management of your kindle,
let you delete and update/upload (e.g. you could download .mobi files
from project gutenberg and save them to your kindle) and fetch/upload
feeds (ala the Astronomy picture of the day, or XKCD is setup as news
feed, I believe).

I can't say for certain how well it'll work on Suse; I use it pretty
much exclusively on ubuntu -- I can say for certain that it does not
play happily with CentOS 5.6 so your mileage will nearly certainly
vary.

it's not a direct fix, but it might be another way to skin the cat.

You have targetted the wrong cat.

Kindle for PC is not a way to feed or index a Kindle Reader, it is a
Kindle Reader in software, that runs under Windows. Calibre is
irrelevant for me because it can't read Kindle Books.

Thanks anyway.

--
Stan Goodman
Qiryat Tiv'on

  • Re: Rights? You have no right to your eBooks.
    ... Amazon is making it more and more difficult to read ... anything you didn't buy from them on the Kindle, ... Calibre. ... mobi-2-mobi conversion in Calibre. ...
    (rec.arts.sf.written)
  • Re: Kobo or Kindle
    ... I have a Kobo and I like it pretty well. ... Have you tried using Calibre? ... I did not need any Kindle software on my Debian computer to manage my Kindle. ... I guess the publishers need the money to pay bloated salaries to their top executives and line the pockets of their stock holders. ...
    (Debian-User)
  • Re: Reading Books on an iPad
    ... So I could either go for GoodReader or use something like Calibre to convert them. ... Gutenberg books that way was excellent. ... Is that the current Kindle "pearl" screen or the older one which was a ... The iPhone beats it on all fronts. ...
    (uk.comp.sys.mac)
  • Re: Rights? You have no right to your eBooks.
    ... anything you didn't buy from them on the Kindle, ... Amazon), and even have to be reminded sometimes which stuff ... conversion in Calibre. ... Have you tried converting it to EPUB, doing the changes, then ...
    (rec.arts.sf.written)