[opensuse] Re: (Dovecot is faster and supports multiple formats -- unlike Cyrus (was: Cyrus IMAP password)
- From: Linda Walsh <suse@xxxxxxxxx>
- Date: Sun, 28 Aug 2011 02:12:09 -0700
John Andersen wrote:
On 8/26/2011 8:24 AM, James Knott wrote:---
James Knott wrote:Dovecot gets good reviews.
I have also used UoW before. Should I be using other than Cyrus? The only reason I went with it is because it was the default imap server install with opensuse 11.4. What about dovecot?
Cyrus seems to work for me just fine. It seems bullit proof.
See 6.4 on this page: http://www.faqs.org/docs/Linux-HOWTO/Cyrus-IMAP.html
6.4 Adding the default user
I went from UoW IMAP to dovecot -- unlike Cyrus, it didn't require I reformat my
email boxes (all in unix 'mbox format', as they all started as Unix-mbox's)... into
it's custom format. And Dovecot is very fast....
Tbird gets a bit bogged down when I first open email after leaving it for a
while (as the imap store with about ~250 subscribed folders), but with
only about 75-80 active ones (that get email when I'm not connected). But that's the only time it gets slow -- and the slowdown is on single-threaded
TB, not on the server... you can also install an indexing sieve filter for higher
perf, but I haven't needed that (and I don't think TB will make use of it)..for
cross folder searching and such...
To unsubscribe, e-mail: opensuse+unsubscribe@xxxxxxxxxxxx
For additional commands, e-mail: opensuse+help@xxxxxxxxxxxx
- Prev by Date: [opensuse] Re: Importing mail into Thunderbird 6
- Next by Date: Re: [opensuse] Re: (Dovecot is faster and supports multiple formats -- unlike Cyrus
- Previous by thread: Re: [opensuse] Cyrus IMAP password
- Next by thread: Re: [opensuse] Re: (Dovecot is faster and supports multiple formats -- unlike Cyrus