Re: [opensuse] harddisk supply issues?
- From: John Andersen <jsamyth@xxxxxxxxx>
- Date: Wed, 28 Sep 2011 16:06:58 -0700
On 9/28/2011 8:52 AM, Doug wrote:
On 09/28/2011 03:53 AM, Per Jessen wrote:
Just wondering if anyone might have noticed this - I'm staging harddiskWhen was the tsunami? Maybe nothing has been made since.
purchases such that I get drives that have different manufacturing
dates. By buying drives once a month, I get a really good variation.
Recently however, I'm seeing that drives (Hitachi Ultrastars) ordered in
July/August/September all have manufacturing date March 2011. Is there
a supply issue wrt harddrives?
Thats a good guess, March 11.
Another possible guess is that some other big buyer got shut down
by the tsunami and Hitachi has excess supply.
Or these drives have developed a high failure rate and Per is the last to know... :-(
---This space for rent---
To unsubscribe, e-mail: opensuse+unsubscribe@xxxxxxxxxxxx
For additional commands, e-mail: opensuse+help@xxxxxxxxxxxx
- Prev by Date: Re: [opensuse] OpenSuSE 11.4: E17: menu: YaST (Administraitor Settings) FAILS
- Next by Date: [opensuse] bash -- Where in the heck are "^M...80 spaces...^M" getting written by tee?? (can I catch it?)
- Previous by thread: Re: [opensuse] harddisk supply issues?
- Next by thread: [opensuse] QT Repository