[opensuse] Port multiplier problem
- From: Bob Williams <linux@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
- Date: Tue, 04 Oct 2011 16:42:27 +0100
I recently bought a Sharkoon SATA Quickport Duo
which is attached to an eSATA port on a SiliconImage SATA RAID card.
I have used this card in the past as an attachment for JBOD SATA drives, which are then assembled into a software linux RAID1 array, but now I just want to use it to connect the above device to the mainboard.
The system will only see one drive at a time. If I populate both drive bays in the Sharkoon Quickport, then neither drive is mountable.
The Sharkoon information says that two HDD operation via eSATA is only possible when the eSATA controller supports Port Multiplier. The SiliconImage website says that the card, which uses their si3124 chip, supports Port Multiplier functionality.
My kernel 126.96.36.199-0.7-desktop has the sata_sil24 module loaded.
Can anyone suggest a reason why I'm not able to activate the Port Multiplier function? Am I missing something obvious?
Registered Linux User #463880 FSFE Member #1300
GPG-FP: A6C1 457C 6DBA B13E 5524 F703 D12A FB79 926B 994E
openSUSE 11.4 64-bit, Kernel 188.8.131.52-0.5-desktop, KDE 4.6.5
Intel Core2 Quad Q9400 2.66GHz, 8GB DDR RAM, nVidia GeForce 9600GT
To unsubscribe, e-mail: opensuse+unsubscribe@xxxxxxxxxxxx
For additional commands, e-mail: opensuse+help@xxxxxxxxxxxx
- Prev by Date: Re: [opensuse] where can I change $PATH
- Next by Date: Re: [opensuse] Firefox 7.0 on 11.4 - how to get mouseover URL back in status bar??
- Previous by thread: [opensuse] Installing 12.1 Beta
- Next by thread: [opensuse] cinelerra on 11.4 won't render though ffmpeg pipe. Work OK with mpeg2enc pipe??