Re: [opensuse] samba authentication
- From: Lars Müller <lmuelle@xxxxxxx>
- Date: Sat, 5 Nov 2011 23:04:00 +0100
On Sun, Oct 09, 2011 at 01:49:38PM +0200, lynn wrote:
What I want it to do is use samba to authenticate linux clients like I do with
NIS at the moment. There are no users apart from root on the clients and /home
on the server is mounted as /home on the clients by NFS. The kde login screen
on the client displays all the users on the server.
Using yast windows domain membership on a client I cannot check the box 'Use
SMB information for Linux Authentication'. I get the error: 'Cannot use the
workgroup 'hh1' for Linux authentication.'.
All linux users on the server have been given samba passwords and I have tried
the server and client with firewall enabled and disabled.
My question is: can samba do what NIS/NFS does at the moment?
The answer is yes. Even if you've not asked this is done with Samba's
winbindd which is configured via the YaST 'Windows Domain Membership'
Lars Müller [ˈlaː(r)z ˈmʏlɐ]
SUSE Linux, Maxfeldstraße 5, 90409 Nürnberg, Germany
Description: PGP signature
- Prev by Date: Re: [opensuse] Re: c - Segmentation fault on 11.4 - need help figuring out (strtod?)
- Next by Date: [opensuse] wlan will not initialize
- Previous by thread: [opensuse] OT? packman repository
- Next by thread: [opensuse] wlan will not initialize