Re: [opensuse] Thumbleweed: Packages missing?

Andreas Jaeger [07.11.2011 10:45]:
On Monday, November 07, 2011 07:22:44 Peer Heinlein wrote:
Hi!

I changed to OpenSUSE Thumbleweed and expected having a normal
distribution with all packages, beeing in the middle between OpenSUSE
11.4 and 12.1

But it looks like there are many packages missing, which are delivered
normally by openSUSE 11.4:

a) All the stuff for Open SUSE Build Servers (obs-utils & Co) is
missing

b) keepassx is missing

I don't understand that. why do I have to organize keepassx by myself?
It's part of 11.4 and I expect it its part of 12.1 too...

Hi Peer,

Tumbleeweed is an additional repo on top of 11.4, so you need to have
11.4 installed as well.

Will this change sometimes? Will at some moment 12.1 be the base of
tumbleweed? Since it is a rolling release system, I'd expect something
like that...

Cheers,
Werner

  • Re: [opensuse] Thumbleweed: Packages missing?
    ... beeing in the middle between OpenSUSE ... But it looks like there are many packages missing, ... Andreas Jaeger aj@Twitter/Identica: jaegerandi ...
    (SuSE)
  • Packages for OpenSuSE?
    ... Can somebody please enlighten me where I could find RPMs for packages ... that are missing on the OpenSuSE media? ...
    (alt.os.linux.suse)
  • [opensuse] Thumbleweed: Packages missing?
    ... beeing in the middle between OpenSUSE ... But it looks like there are many packages missing, ... Heinlein Professional Linux Support GmbH ...
    (SuSE)
  • Re: SuSE 10.1 Online Update
    ... It may have more packages, because the OpenSuse is missing a bunch. ...
    (alt.os.linux.suse)
  • Re: [opensuse] Re: [os] New Printer Info
    ... Therefore the support for ZJStream printers can be provided ... This patent/license stuff was the reason why the HPLIP people ... openSUSE 10.3, openSUSE 10.2, Suse Linux 10.1, ... center crashes because of these packages, ...
    (SuSE)