Re: [opensuse] Re: DSL Modem question

Hallo James, op 2011-11-19 16:50 schreef je:

I just got a new DSL Modem with a USB plugin. I added a USB hard
disk to it. But I can not figure out how to get Linux to see it.
Can someone give me a clue?

connected to your modem/router, it would have web access, ie: an ip
number

access your router/modem and see what address the usb disk was
given.

I did this and the modem is not seeing the HD. I'm using a new
FRITZ!Box 3170. Can anyone that uses this box tell me how to get the
box to see the HD?

Do you have the 'right' file system on your HD?
I have a Fritz 7340, but AFAIK all Fritz!Boxes till now only see FAT and
FAT32.

--
Harrie Baken | Tekstbureau TekstBaken
Copy-editing - proofreading - seo

  • Re: mirroring
    ... *Migrating an Existing Linux to RAID1* ... this copies your data from the existing disk to the new disk then overwrites your existing disk* ... Change the partition type on the existing non-raid disk to type 'fd' ... Create the degraded RAID array on the empty disk, but leave out the existing system disk for now. ...
    (RedHat)
  • Re: mirroring
    ... *Migrating an Existing Linux to RAID1* ... Change the partition type on the existing non-raid disk to type 'fd' ... Changed system type of partition 1 to fd (Linux raid autodetect) ...
    (RedHat)
  • Re: Panasonic HD Recorders - What disk format?
    ... The earlier part of this is more about what may be Linux partitioning, ... might be possible to present the recorder with a larger disk already ... Most DOS/Windows utilities such as FDisk, Ghost, and Partition Magic Pro ... prompts to format it. ...
    (alt.os.linux)
  • Re: defrag in linux?
    ... heads of your HD advance sequentially through the hard disk. ... fragmentation is a concern when one ... On the other hand, if you are Linux, you reorder the ... 'file fragmented' Linux file system and a 'file unfragmented' Linux ...
    (alt.os.linux.suse)
  • [ANNOUNCE]: RIP Linux rescue system!
    ... This is a bootable CD Linux boot/rescue system! ... The bootable CD image `RIP-12.7.iso.bin' can be written to a CD disk, ... It also includes the CD/DVD UDF filesystem packet writing tools (cdrwtool, ... a Linux reiserfs and reiser4 filesystem. ...
    (comp.os.linux.announce)