Re: [opensuse] A comment

Roger Luedecke said the following on 11/21/2011 05:04 PM:
Thats actually a very good point. Many end users have a sense of entitlement
that is undue. They think they can demand things as if it were a paid for
product. They haven't gotten used to the idea of software as a community, and
not a commodity.

True; one of the many ways they are still operating in a "Windows mindset".

OK, so that's no entirely fair. MS-Developers know about the extensive
documentation that MS has on-line for them, just as we know about the
wiki and the LDP and How-tos and list archives.

Developers are not like home users that have been forced over to escape
the spiralling costs of staying with Microsoft. You don't need bleeding
edge hardware to run the latest Linux as you do with Microsoft. Try
running W/7 or W/Vista/Pro on a machine from 2001 and see what you get!

I recall reading that there are drivers for more hardware under Linux
than under Windows.

--
Five exclamation marks, the sure sign of an insane mind.
-- Terry Pratchett _Reaper Man_

  • Re: Well, Windows is back on the disk.
    ... So your saying that Microsoft makes billions monthly because people DESIRE ... I am too fracking lazy to teach myself the intricacies of Linux. ... All of the WINDOWS operating systems and office products are upgradeable to the latest security fixes and bug fixes. ... OS problems overwrites all personal files on the disk. ...
    (Ubuntu)
  • Re: Good reading
    ... > As a Linux desktop user himself, ... > infected Windows PC after it had become compromised. ... > so fed up with spyware, trojans, viruses, and spam, that he ... Everyone, even Microsoft, knows ...
    (microsoft.public.windowsxp.general)
  • Re: Good reading
    ... The last time a spyware scanner found so much as a questionable cookie on my machine was last year after installing a children's game for my daughter. ... > As a Linux desktop user himself, ... it's time to switch from Windows to Linux. ... Everyone, even Microsoft, knows ...
    (microsoft.public.windowsxp.general)
  • Re: An Open Letter To The Linux Enthusiasts.
    ... > I've been following these Linux threads with some interest because I ... > Microsoft a way distant 3rd. ... Ground Rules for the Windows-Macintosh War by David Pogue of the New ... Windows because it's bloated and cryptic, for example, or the iPod ...
    (alt.os.linux)
  • Re: [OT]: OS as religions (was: Raw Convertors)
    ... you're getting paid by that monopoly Microsoft. ... inthe shop for PC, XBox, PS3 etc but Linux? ... you can dualboot to windows or just buy a computer ... exactly what they want it to do, it is the same as their friends ...
    (rec.photo.digital)