Re: [opensuse] A comment

Roger Luedecke said the following on 11/21/2011 05:04 PM:
Thats actually a very good point. Many end users have a sense of entitlement
that is undue. They think they can demand things as if it were a paid for
product. They haven't gotten used to the idea of software as a community, and
not a commodity.

True; one of the many ways they are still operating in a "Windows mindset".

OK, so that's no entirely fair. MS-Developers know about the extensive
documentation that MS has on-line for them, just as we know about the
wiki and the LDP and How-tos and list archives.

Developers are not like home users that have been forced over to escape
the spiralling costs of staying with Microsoft. You don't need bleeding
edge hardware to run the latest Linux as you do with Microsoft. Try
running W/7 or W/Vista/Pro on a machine from 2001 and see what you get!

I recall reading that there are drivers for more hardware under Linux
than under Windows.

--
Five exclamation marks, the sure sign of an insane mind.
-- Terry Pratchett _Reaper Man_