Re: [opensuse] Size adjustment of window

Will Stephenson said the following on 11/22/2011 01:40 PM:
On Tuesday 22 Nov 2011 12:30:47 Anton Aylward wrote:
Erik Jakobsen said the following on 11/22/2011 12:07 PM:
Very nice Anton. Many thanks for the writing here, and the informations
has been saved here :-)
:
:-)

I just wish more people took note of what you say and consulted these
archives.

Since consulting mailing list archives is a lost art, I wish someone would
compile a big KDE FAQ on the Wiki of all these tips and link it from the
forums' desktop subforum.

You wish ...
And then people would have to consult the wiki instead of the list
archives ...

As in "you bet they will, Will!"

No, really: the archives and the wiki are all indexed under Google.
When researching my first recourse is the man pages then google.
Google may lead me to /usr/share/doc or to the LDP or How-To or an
article in Linux Journal or even mailing list archives.

But Google is a key player. yes I bookmark, but somehow I seem to
google before searching my own bookmarks :-(

We've seen that the newbies fall into two categories: those that make
the effort and those that don't. Those that don't fall into two
categories: those that take the hint and those that don't. Those that
don't seem to fall into two categories: those that shut up and/or go
away right away and those that hang around bitching about how life is
unfair and how people on the list are snarky and unfair and won't help
them and tell them to "go google".

If you "go google" you can find people on all the lists telling people
in that final binary category to "go google".

Computer Science relies heavily on recursion and loops and binary
divisions. So what do these people expect when they start dealing with
computers.

To paraphrase TSN:

Real Linux; Real Action, Real Computers:

--
Sometimes I lie awake at night, and I ask, "Where have I gone wrong?"
Then a voice says to me, "This is going to take more than one night."