[opensuse] Firefox or Chromium on tmpfs and contents of /dev/shm

I was looking up if and how to put the Firefox cache into a tmpfs, and found
it was basically as easy as I thought. However, I saw one comment on the forum
whom said that he used '/dev/shm' so he wouldn't have to make a new tmpfs. So,
I looked into my '/dev/shm' and saw this
"org.chromium.Chromium.shmem.libcef_2473405944504155357" among other things.
Is Chromium already using this directory for its cache? I don't even have
Chromium installed.
--
Roger Luedecke
openSUSE Ambassador

  • Re: how to increase space for tmpfs /tmp
    ... You don't need to reboot because of the size change. ... One of the good things of a tmpfs is that you can ... I noticed yesterday that Fedora is planning to go for using ... To UNSUBSCRIBE, email to debian-user-REQUEST@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx ...
    (Debian-User)
  • Re: Debian on a 32G USB flashdrive
    ... could move it and some other key directories to the windows ... Anything you'd like to recommend? ... Isn't /tmp on tmpfs done automatically on installation? ... To UNSUBSCRIBE, email to debian-user-REQUEST@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx ...
    (Debian-User)
  • Re: moving /tmp to RAM on f17
    ... tmpfs /tmp tmpfs defaults 0 0 ... To unsubscribe or change subscription options: ... Guidelines: http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Mailing_list_guidelines ...
    (Fedora)
  • Fwd: Re: how to increase space for tmpfs /tmp
    ... and concerns the tmpfs /tmp thread. ... Did you ever drop caches as I ... To UNSUBSCRIBE, email to debian-user-REQUEST@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx ... Trouble? ...
    (Debian-User)
  • Re: /tmp is too small
    ... tmpfs" or some better title. ... I don't see any urgency for an entry in the wiki, ... To UNSUBSCRIBE, email to debian-user-REQUEST@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx ...