Re: [opensuse] Printer/MFC recommendation

On 11/23/2011 05:58 PM, Roger Oberholtzer wrote:
I think the scanner was a big part of my install issue with the Epson
printer on openSUSE (11.2?). I do not think SANE supports wireless
scanners. At least not two years ago. I will be checking this all with
openSUSE 12.1 to see if there is any improved support.

FWIW, I have an HP 6500 all-in-one printer configured as a wireless printer and shared between Linux and Windows systems.

It works flawlessly from all systems. Allowing for printing, faxing, and scanning.

  • Re: [opensuse] Printer/MFC recommendation
    ... scanners. ... openSUSE 12.1 to see if there is any improved support. ... printer and shared between Linux and Windows systems. ... And I have a hp C6300 connected via Ethernet (never tried wifi, though it claims to support it), and it works fine in all modes for both opensuse and xp. ...
    (SuSE)
  • Re: [opensuse] persistent bcm43xx ..
    ... I updated laptop to the latest in openSUSE 10.3 and my wireless is still fine. ... The bcm43xx probably comes from: ... With openSUSE 11.0 kernel is required version and it should be much easier to use instructions. ... All that is needed is to set the Yast Network card module to use b43 for that card, make sure blacklist bcm43xx is in /etc/modprobe.d/blacklist, reboot. ...
    (SuSE)
  • Re: [opensuse] Sharing a Printer with a Windows Machine
    ... I just set up a wireless network in my home. ... Her laptop runs Vista. ... It is connected to the openSUSE machine. ...
    (SuSE)
  • Re: [opensuse] openSUSE 11.1 on a Lenovo Thinkpad W500 or W700
    ... (graphics, wireless, etc.) ... Both have Intel WiFi Link 5300 wireless.. ... I have the x61 and it works great, I installed opensuse 11 out of the ... The intel video chips work well and ...
    (SuSE)
  • Re: Configuring Wireless on openSUSE
    ... Last night I have installed openSUSE 11.1 on my ... The default network manager is not detecting any wireless ... The default Network tool installed by suse in 11.1 is crap. ...
    (Ubuntu)