Re: [opensuse] Printer/MFC recommendation

On 11/23/2011 05:58 PM, Roger Oberholtzer wrote:
I think the scanner was a big part of my install issue with the Epson
printer on openSUSE (11.2?). I do not think SANE supports wireless
scanners. At least not two years ago. I will be checking this all with
openSUSE 12.1 to see if there is any improved support.

FWIW, I have an HP 6500 all-in-one printer configured as a wireless printer and shared between Linux and Windows systems.

It works flawlessly from all systems. Allowing for printing, faxing, and scanning.

  • Re: [opensuse] printer recommendation
    ... laptops and phones? ... mix of linux and windows systems. ... Using hplip on the openSUSE systems. ...
    (SuSE)
  • Re: [opensuse] Printer/MFC recommendation
    ... scanners. ... openSUSE 12.1 to see if there is any improved support. ... printer and shared between Linux and Windows systems. ... And I have a hp C6300 connected via Ethernet (never tried wifi, though it claims to support it), and it works fine in all modes for both opensuse and xp. ...
    (SuSE)
  • Re: [opensuse] printer recommendation
    ... laptops and phones? ... mix of linux and windows systems. ... Using hplip on the openSUSE systems. ...
    (SuSE)
  • Re: [opensuse] persistent bcm43xx ..
    ... I updated laptop to the latest in openSUSE 10.3 and my wireless is still fine. ... The bcm43xx probably comes from: ... With openSUSE 11.0 kernel is required version and it should be much easier to use instructions. ... All that is needed is to set the Yast Network card module to use b43 for that card, make sure blacklist bcm43xx is in /etc/modprobe.d/blacklist, reboot. ...
    (SuSE)
  • Re: [opensuse] Sharing a Printer with a Windows Machine
    ... I just set up a wireless network in my home. ... Her laptop runs Vista. ... It is connected to the openSUSE machine. ...
    (SuSE)