Re: [opensuse] should i use kmail or thunderbird?

On Wed, Nov 23, 2011 at 13:55, PM <mathsrealworld@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
I have installed openSUSE 12.1 and looks better than Windows. Should I
use Kmail or Thunderbird as the mail client in openSUSE 12.1 so that
once I am confirmed, I go to the docs of that one only.

I'd also suggest Thunderbird.

Thunderbird is actually a very good email client and has the extra
advantage of fully being cross platform... so if you need to use
Windows or OSX in addition to your Linux system, you can use the same
client across all.

C,

  • Re: Blackberry.....Body not supported by remote host......
    ... Mac / THunderbird is from a home setup... ... Ill checkout thunderbird settings. ... in SBS 2003 for blackberry email account and any emails to user inbox ... Client is the MD of the company and the sender of email is high client. ...
    (microsoft.public.windows.server.sbs)
  • Re: Send To - Email Recipient Wont Work/Windows Picture & Fax Viewer
    ... I don't know why I have suddenly lost the option to send my photos through email from Windows Picture & Fax Viewer as I have always done. ... I can't help with this problem...but can report it is happening to me also: Vista SP1, with Thunderbird as my default client. ... "Either there is no default mail client or the current mail client cannot fulfill the messaging request. ...
  • Re: Is there an intra-machine pseudo instant messenger?
    ... MAC OSX can be set up to do that with the native client, and Thunderbird also works on OSX. ... Hell set up a special pop server at HQ and give everyone a mail account on it. ... After all standard code exists to create daemons open sockets and pop up dialogue boxes in most application level libraries. ...
    (comp.os.linux.misc)
  • Re: Accessing mail from multiple points in LAN
    ... I personally prefer not to use imap, but to simply go to the preference ... settings in each of the email clients (Thunderbird in this case) and tick ... The other approach is to use more of a thin client approach. ... connect to that VNC desktop on your home machine to ...
    (comp.os.linux.networking)
  • Re: [opensuse] I dont want an openSuSE supported MTA!
    ... So here an I reading mail using Thunderbird (or ... or a think client on a network. ... valid risk. ...
    (SuSE)