Re: [opensuse] Printer/MFC recommendation

On 11/23/2011 07:07 AM, Ed Greshko wrote:
On 11/23/2011 05:58 PM, Roger Oberholtzer wrote:
I think the scanner was a big part of my install issue with the Epson
printer on openSUSE (11.2?). I do not think SANE supports wireless
scanners. At least not two years ago. I will be checking this all with
openSUSE 12.1 to see if there is any improved support.

FWIW, I have an HP 6500 all-in-one printer configured as a wireless printer and shared between Linux and Windows systems.

It works flawlessly from all systems. Allowing for printing, faxing, and scanning.

And I have a hp C6300 connected via Ethernet (never tried wifi, though it claims to support it), and it works fine in all modes for both opensuse and xp.

John Perry

  • Re: [opensuse] Re: Why am I getting 14.6G zypper.log files?
    ... Actually, the way it is, if you want community support, openSUSE is the ... I'm a home user with openSUSE. ... some months ago as well - a library that encfs depends on that broken ...
    (SuSE)
  • [opensuse] Re: Why am I getting 14.6G zypper.log files?
    ... We might just as well be on a continuous upgrade cycle every 8 months ... Actually, the way it is, if you want community support, openSUSE is the ... I'm a home user with openSUSE. ... some months ago as well - a library that encfs depends on that broken ...
    (SuSE)
  • Re: OpenSuse 11.4 and Canon printer LBP5050 intallation
    ... from canon it's self. ... The missing lib file problem was solved after ... on the canon web site the last working opensuse os ... about possible future support for network connected LBP5050 printer. ...
    (alt.os.linux.suse)
  • Re: [opensuse] Various Novell clients for Linux
    ... The MS support in Yast you talk about are not created by Novell these ... openSUSE but it uses its own version of it which is SLES and SLED, ...
    (SuSE)
  • Re: [opensuse] Re: [os] New Printer Info
    ... Therefore the support for ZJStream printers can be provided ... This patent/license stuff was the reason why the HPLIP people ... openSUSE 10.3, openSUSE 10.2, Suse Linux 10.1, ... center crashes because of these packages, ...
    (SuSE)