Re: [SOLVED] Re: [opensuse] Goggle Chrome - Howto UNSET it as default browser??

Am 29.11.2011 04:19, schrieb David C. Rankin:
Not as hard as you are making it :^)

Configure Desktop (aka systemsettings) --> Default Applications -->
Web Browser --> [input your choice]

AARGH (Duh... Smacks Self...)

Ye Ole' KDE Control Center -> KDE Components -> Component Chooser -> Web
Browser trick :) (a/k/a kcmshell componentchooser)

Works like a champ. It's hard to imagine chromium could find it to begin with.
Must be some strange dcop call or something.

Sometimes I hate it when I make things harder than they need to be....

Thanks Patrick!

I wonder why it doesn't honor the FF -> Preferences -> Advanced -> check/set
as default?

Under KDE this only works with Firefox if the KDE integration is active
(what should be the default as long as everything needed is installed).
Do you see kmozillahelper running when Firefox is on?

Wolfgang