Re: [opensuse] hideous fonts on 12.1

On Tue, 2011-11-29 at 09:20 +0100, Emmanuel Briot wrote:

Perhaps beside the point, but the first thing I check when I have issues with
fonts is the DPI for fonts (in the system configuration for KDE:

Application Appearance / Fonts / Force fonts DPI

)

force it to 96 DPI if that's not done yet, perhaps that will help

I will see if this helps. But will GTK apps use this as well?

Emmanuel

Yours sincerely,

Roger Oberholtzer

OPQ Systems / Ramböll RST

Office: Int +46 10-615 60 20
Mobile: Int +46 70-815 1696
roger.oberholtzer@xxxxxxxxxx

Ramböll Sverige AB
Krukmakargatan 21
P.O. Box 17009
SE-104 62 Stockholm, Sweden
www.rambollrst.se

  • Re: screen resolution, font size and real estate
    ... If xdpyinfo shows 76 dpi, this is most probably false (unless you have ... your fonts might actually look screwed in some ... I tried making the changes in the gnome dialog as well after installing ... # -- THEME AUTO-WRITTEN DO NOT EDIT ...
    (Debian-User)
  • Re: Splash Screen and Image Control Problem
    ... Horizontal DPI = 71 ... > DPI120 (large fonts): ... >> specific size, stretching an image control to it's client area, may cause ... >> Dim factor As Single ...
  • Re: [SLE] Menu font for Firefox almost fixed
    ... set the screen resolution but nothing for the dpi. ... I am supposing from ... > absolute sizes, not UI fonts. ... After doing that xdpyinfo reported screen resolution as 1600x1200 (no ...
    (SuSE)
  • Re: screen resolution, font size and real estate
    ... your fonts might actually look screwed in some ... I tried making the changes in the gnome dialog as well after installing 140MB of it - I'm afraid I didn't get anywhere, but wierdly there is a dialog box there for fonts with an input box for dpi - and when I increased the given dpi from 96 upwards, the text on the dialog box got bigger! ... # -- THEME AUTO-WRITTEN DO NOT EDIT ...
    (Debian-User)
  • Re: Splash Screen and Image Control Problem
    ... DPI120 (large fonts): ... > Dim dpi As Long ... > Dim defWidth As Long ... > Dim defHeight As Long ...