Re: [opensuse] why not openSUSE used grub 2?
- From: Linux Tyro <opensuse.bkn1@xxxxxxxxx>
- Date: Thu, 8 Dec 2011 04:36:51 -0500
We have a grub2 package but integrating it such that an installation creates
the proper setup needs work - and so far nobody volunteered to do so,
Oh I see, but the best part I liked is that openSUSE consists of
highly and thoroughly tested softwares and apps and that's what I
like! Grub 2 is not yet implemented -- is not an issue, I was just
asking about why. Okay but in the coming time after all things....it
would be there.
It is an issue for people with disks bigger than 2TiB. We are recommending
them to at least install Ubuntu in another partition, and use it to boot
Well I am highly amazed to see that people who advocate of openSUSE
are no more able to work on Grub 2, why volunteerization is really so
bad with Grub 2? Where are those big people who say everything to find
from google? And when came to their side, they are hiding the face
saying: Grub Legacy is working well, amazing, if really openSUSE is so
good why you are not having proper team to work with Grub 2? Many
distros have already done this - Fedora, Ubuntu, and since I am lover
of suse, I would say to initiate that Grub 2 part, before other distro
become fully cutting edge and suse would lag behind them...So, come on
Carlos, Anton, ...come on work for Grub 2!
To unsubscribe, e-mail: opensuse+unsubscribe@xxxxxxxxxxxx
To contact the owner, e-mail: opensuse+owner@xxxxxxxxxxxx
- Prev by Date: Re: Clinging to Microsoft (was Re: [opensuse] Why openSUSE is less popular than Ubuntu?)
- Next by Date: Re: [opensuse] I want to set up my spare tower to serve as a web server for my local network.
- Previous by thread: Re: [opensuse] why not openSUSE used grub 2?
- Next by thread: Re: [opensuse] why not openSUSE used grub 2?