Re: [opensuse] Systemd and fstab

On 14/12/11 00:17, Anton Aylward wrote:

Yes, I'd like to have everything managed by YAST but until the system is
either sysvinit OR systemD and not a blend of the two I think that's
going to be horrendous.

The yast runlevel editor still needs some hacking for that to really work.

Perhaps a more sensible approach would be to give up entirely on the
sysvinit compatibility, remove the /etc/rc[12345].d compatibility,
remove the automounter and make it PURE SystemD.

Most services have already native systemd units in Factory so sysvinit scripts are ignored. There are also several init scripts that do stuff they are not supposed to ..like loading kernel modules, working around old bugs..etc..and oh boy, it is an entangled mess :-P

  • Re: systemd situation in Jesssie
    ... There's so much boilerplate in sysvinit scripts, ... Maybe there could be a better choice than systemd, ... Upstart at the moment; a job config file might be all of 3-10 lines, ...
    (Debian-User)
  • Re: why do we use systemd?
    ... I find this much simpler than the sysvinit schemes. ... to get a daemon started with systemd, not to mention the hours you ... I can read the script but not the entity. ... I know that the unit files do not contain ...
    (Fedora)
  • Re: [opensuse] Runlevel start for 12.1 - Any one? Cristian ?
    ... Booting with systemd or sysvinit ... openSUSE now boots using systemd. ... If you want to switch to sysvinit permanently, ... 2-His default Grub entry may have no F5 for init switching, because he's not initially by default booting from 12.1's /boot/grub/menu.lst. ...
    (SuSE)
  • Re: [opensuse] RE: Stability of systemd
    ... Or is keeping with sysvinit the better way to stay? ... Of course systemd has bugs like any other software, however most problems in older version are derived from issues in the openSUSE ... Piano, Player Piano, Pump Organ - Tuning, Servicing & Rebuilding ...
    (SuSE)
  • Re: systemd
    ... allow admins to experiment with systemd or upstart. ... the removal of the Essential status from sysvinit ... initscript arguments like for openvpn initscript to tell it which VPN to ... To UNSUBSCRIBE, email to debian-user-REQUEST@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx ...
    (Debian-User)