Re: [opensuse] Poor 12.1 performance
- From: "Rajko M." <rmatov101@xxxxxxxxxxx>
- Date: Fri, 30 Dec 2011 13:24:12 -0600
On Friday, December 30, 2011 10:56:08 AM James Knott wrote:
As you can see, there was no output from lsmod | grep nouveau, so I
assume that means it's not loaded.
The rest of tuning to bring system up to the speed is dealing with:
1) driver options if there is any (each driver has extensive README.txt)
2) reducing effects, animation delays, shadows etc, if it is KDE with all
default desktop effects active
3) giving Xorg options in /etc/X11/xrog.conf.d/ or using nvidia-settings GUI
utility to optimize for performance. This utility can store settings in user
profile, or it can store in xorg.conf. Later requires browsing to the user
home and saving it there, then as root moving it to the /etc/X11/ .
With 2 and 3 I managed to bring very old desktop with PCI card (FX5200) to
acceptable performance, with graphics being actually the fastest part of the
system and CPU limiting performance to acceptable.
To unsubscribe, e-mail: opensuse+unsubscribe@xxxxxxxxxxxx
To contact the owner, e-mail: opensuse+owner@xxxxxxxxxxxx