Re: [opensuse] Writing a small book... what should I use?

On 1/9/2012 4:25 PM, Roger Luedecke wrote:
On Mon, 2012-01-09 at 18:28 -0500, Carl Hartung wrote:
On Mon, 09 Jan 2012 23:21:43 +0000
Thomas Hertweck<Thomas.Hertweck@xxxxxx> wrote:

On 09/01/12 22:58, Roger Luedecke wrote:
I'm commissioned to start a small book project, and vaguely remember
seeing a wikilike piece of software that would facilitate this
well. I intend to start with a conceptual outline, and then flesh
each section out. Any recommendations?

You are supposed to write a book? LaTeX should do fine. If you don't
know about LaTeX yet, it will be a steep learning curve though.

Th.

I'd recommend checking out Zim 0.52, "A desktop wiki"
http://www.zim-wiki.org/

hth& regards,

Carl
Looks good, but not available for openSUSE.

But it looks like you could build it from source in about 15 minutes.