Re: [solved] Re: [opensuse] Re: flash is so not idiot-proof

On Tue, 10 Jan 2012 00:47:53 -0500
Carl Hartung <opensuse@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

On Tue, 10 Jan 2012 16:37:11 +1100
Basil Chupin <blchupin@xxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
8<---- snipped ----
Most interesting....I am running Firefox 9.0.1, repeat 9.0.1, and
everything is working AOK: all videos being displayed by Flash 11.1
with the greatest of ease.

BC

Could this be because you've installed one correctly packaged for the
distribution and not followed a Firefox 'download latest version'
link?

This had to have been the difference, Basil. I'd neglected to add the
upstream openSUSE 'Mozilla' repository, also. Like the OP, I only had
an 'official' package for Firefox at 9.0 available. Once I added the
upstream Mozilla repository for 11.4, the distribution I'm running:

http://download.opensuse.org/repositories/mozilla/openSUSE_11.4

9.0.1 became available to install. I have just installed it and my
plug-ins are working fine.

That's the difference between installing a generic package from
an outside source vs. installing one correctly packaged for your
distribution.

  • Re: Linux/Python Issues
    ... It doesn't suck if you're just installing one program, ... tool to retrieve packages, but then the developers got "feature envy" ... you've got to face the problem that your distribution isn't going to ...
    (comp.lang.python)
  • Re: Note: RedHat "rawhide" 3.4p1 works well for 7.x
    ... has been about the standard distribution that the OpenSSH ... It's just a *bit* more fragile than you ... obvious procedure that anyone installing on a remote system where the ... right to followup with a refutal to any future postings of yours ...
    (comp.security.ssh)
  • Re: package install problems - Im a newbie
    ... Try "runs with UNC name". ... Distribution properties. ... > I am new to creating packages in SMS. ... > local temp folder before installing the application. ...
    (microsoft.public.sms.admin)
  • Re: Migrating Windows to Linux Questions.
    ... I cannot spare several days in the office for installing ... > configured system under VMWare cannot boot and run under native hardware? ... Every distribution has holes. ...
    (comp.os.linux.misc)
  • Re: package install problems - Im a newbie
    ... accesses network resources other than the distribution point from which it ... >>> I am new to creating packages in SMS. ... >>> local temp folder before installing the application. ...
    (microsoft.public.sms.admin)