Re: [Solved][opensuse] Gnome and KDE on same system

On 01/12/2012 09:16 AM, C wrote:
On Thu, Jan 12, 2012 at 10:08, Swapnil Bhartiya
<swapnil.bhartiya@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
On 01/12/2012 02:56 AM, Carlos E. R. wrote:
On 2012-01-11 16:08, Anton Aylward wrote:
At the very least I think you are lacking some repositories.
(and hence many dependencies)

You do not _need_ any extra repo to install KDE. If you have OSS and
non-OSS and updates, you are done, no more is _needed_.

Thanks. It's working now.

What was the problem in the end? The steps you outlined at the
beginning are what is documented here:
http://en.opensuse.org/SDB:KDE_install so if there's something
missing, or something misleading, we should find out what and update
the page.

In my login screen there are 2 KDE Workspace session options, when I click on one -- I get the white screen and nothing works there. When I select the other one it works. I don't know why there are two options. If there is anyway we can find I am willing to assist.

Also there was no default panel or Folder view enabled by default. I had to create the two. I don't know if that should happen.

Swapnil