Re: [Solved][opensuse] Gnome and KDE on same system

On 01/12/2012 09:16 AM, C wrote:
On Thu, Jan 12, 2012 at 10:08, Swapnil Bhartiya
<swapnil.bhartiya@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
On 01/12/2012 02:56 AM, Carlos E. R. wrote:
On 2012-01-11 16:08, Anton Aylward wrote:
At the very least I think you are lacking some repositories.
(and hence many dependencies)

You do not _need_ any extra repo to install KDE. If you have OSS and
non-OSS and updates, you are done, no more is _needed_.

Thanks. It's working now.

What was the problem in the end? The steps you outlined at the
beginning are what is documented here:
http://en.opensuse.org/SDB:KDE_install so if there's something
missing, or something misleading, we should find out what and update
the page.

In my login screen there are 2 KDE Workspace session options, when I click on one -- I get the white screen and nothing works there. When I select the other one it works. I don't know why there are two options. If there is anyway we can find I am willing to assist.

Also there was no default panel or Folder view enabled by default. I had to create the two. I don't know if that should happen.

Swapnil

  • Re: [Solved][opensuse] Gnome and KDE on same system
    ... On 2012-01-11 16:08, Anton Aylward wrote: ... (and hence many dependencies) ... non-OSS and updates, you are done, no more is _needed_. ...
    (SuSE)
  • Re: [opensuse] Production Worthy? "The Perfect Server - OpenSUSE 11.4 x86_64 w/ ISPConfig 3"
    ... A security audit is complaining ... I can't find the non-oss or updates that go along with it. ... I have the 10.0 box set which might at least contain the non-oss I can make available on-line long enough for a few people to grab a copy if nothing else better is found. ...
    (SuSE)
  • Re: [opensuse] Production Worthy? "The Perfect Server - OpenSUSE 11.4 x86_64 w/ ISPConfig 3"
    ... I have an openSUSE 10.0 system in a DMZ. ... I have the 10.0 box set which might at least contain the non-oss I can ... That still leaves the updates. ...
    (SuSE)
  • Re: [SLE] First update again
    ... A lot of the dependencies are for "devel" versions - ... install those that are not already installed. ... Now that I have the Desktop back I can see that the zmd-monster is showing that there are some 42 updates to be installed and I don't know whether to let zmd-monster to do the updates and shut me down again for another several days or to ignore the damn thing. ...
    (SuSE)
  • Re: yum upgrade F8->F9
    ... Subject: yum upgrade F8->F9 ... upgraded) have dependencies on the old ones. ... sure F9 Updates repo is enabled, ... When you upgrade from F8 to F9, you use the F9 distribution repository and the *old* updates repository. ...
    (Fedora)