[opensuse] Re: openSUSE Time Problem
- From: Jim Henderson <hendersj@xxxxxxxxx>
- Date: Fri, 13 Jan 2012 16:15:13 +0000 (UTC)
On Fri, 13 Jan 2012 10:34:13 +0100, Carlos E. R. wrote:
I'll watch my test partition on the laptop. So far I have not seen
problems. What I have seen I can blame on double booting Windows on the
same machine, which is the reason to have the cmos clock set to local
Yeah, both of my systems I've seen it on are configured for dual boot,
though I don't actually boot into Windows. I thought I remembered that
Windows wanted/used local time on the HW clock.
Once I set everything up for UTC, then I stopped having problems.
And when I see problems, I recommend to ignore the desktop and check the
Please keep on-topic replies on the list so everyone benefits
To unsubscribe, e-mail: opensuse+unsubscribe@xxxxxxxxxxxx
To contact the owner, e-mail: opensuse+owner@xxxxxxxxxxxx
- Prev by Date: Re: [opensuse] CPU: higher clock speed or more cores? and: ksysguard possible CPU usage bug?
- Next by Date: Re: [opensuse] CPU: higher clock speed or more cores? and: ksysguard possible CPU usage bug?
- Previous by thread: Re: [opensuse] Re: openSUSE Time Problem
- Next by thread: Re: [opensuse] openSUSE Time Problem