Re: [opensuse] Ardour missing dependancy and failing to launch in openSUSE 11.4

On Mon, 2012-01-16 at 14:17 -0500, Carl Hartung wrote:
On Mon, 16 Jan 2012 10:38:58 -0800
Roger Luedecke <roger.luedecke@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

I tried to install Ardour form the Multimedia project repo on OBS. It
said it was missing a dependancy, but I resolved it by ignoring it.
Can't set it back now to see what is missing exactly. If I recall it
had something to do with Raptor. Thought it was odd that a critical
dependency would be unresolvable, so figured it wasn't critical.
Following is what it coughed up on the CLI.
8<---- snipped ----
Is there something I'm missing in resolving this, or is it a packaging
problem? BTW, If I recall this was the same issue with 12.1.

Hi Roger,

This is what generally happens when you ignore missing dependencies. It
"breaks" your system (or makes the installed libraries and packages
"inconsistent."

Here's what I'd do... in a terminal, as user:

rpm -qa --last | less

Make note of any packages that Ardour pulled in when you installed it.

su to root, and:

rpm -e ardour <space separated list of other packages pulled in>
ldconfig
SuSEconfig

This will / should restore the system to it's consistent state.

You can then proceed with attempting to install Ardour again, making
note this time of the missing dependencies so you can hunt them down to
install.

hth & regards,

Carl
I checked and ardour pulled in nothing extra.