Re: [opensuse] attachments in thunderbird 9

On 02/02/2012 04:40 PM, George Olson wrote:
On 02/01/2012 10:03 AM, Basil Chupin wrote:
On 01/02/12 12:58, george olson wrote:

I want to open pdf attachments with okular, but when click to open the
attachment, my only option is to open with GIMP. the dialog box does
not allow me to choose another application besides GIMP, which is the
default. How do I configure thunderbird so that I can choose the
application to open, or else set pdf files to open with okular?

George
Edit/Preferences/Attachments/PDF --- select what you want done.

BC

On my dialog screen for attachments, the table is blank. How do I a file
type to the content type column on the attachments? There is no way to
make a new entry. I assume that there is some way, but it isn't showing
up on my screen.

This is actually a common problem, as I search the internet and see that
many others have had the same problem, only having gimp available to
open pdf files. However, there are no solutions posted that I can find.

George

Ok, I found the other replies - my email filter had moved several of the replies to another folder - my mistake. I will try the links and suggestions when I get back to the office in the morning.

Basil, thanks for posting those links! I am hoping to have all my attachment configurations fixed first thing in the morning!

George