Re: [opensuse] OT - Firefox 10 relieves add-on updating pain

On Thu, 02 Feb 2012 14:43:52 +0530, Basil Chupin <blchupin@xxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

On 02/02/12 19:55, Andreas Jaeger wrote:
On Thursday, February 02, 2012 09:46:11 Basil Chupin wrote:
On 02/02/12 19:08, C wrote:
On Thu, Feb 2, 2012 at 08:47, Basil Chupin<blchupin@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
wrote:
PS - Read article and download FF 10 from link given. I just
installed it and it works brilliantly (faster than #9 as far as I
am concerned).
Or.... install Firefox 10 from the openSUSE Mozilla repo...

http://download.opensuse.org/repositories/mozilla/openSUSE_12.1/ for
12.1.
I have this mozilla rep enabled, and I check daily for ALL
updates/upgrades.

So far not a squeak about FF #10 from either YaST or zypper.
You may want to poke it again then because I installed FF10 from there
about an hour ago. :-)
Just poked it again a minute ago. Still not a squeak.
It's there - run "zypper se -s MozillaFirefox" - if you have the above repo
added to your repo list,

Andreas

Thanks Andreas. Normal 'zypper' did not do anything but using 'zypper dup --from" not only upgraded Firefox but Thunderbird as well.

so it's not the mirrors, as i thought. strange that the update didn't come thru' w/o zypper dup. thanks from me too, for the info.

--
phani.