[opensuse] Which kernel

Hello SuSE people.

Running 1`2.1 with KDE3

Last night I did a zypper 'up' zypper downloaded TWO kernels.
kernel-default and kernel-desktop. Now I;m havinf trouble with my nvidia
drivers. I guess it's confused.

So which is the correct one for 12.1 ?

Bob S

  • audio skipping on 2.6.26-rc1
    ... On a T60 I get occasional audio skips while ... No kernels prior to this ... # Device Drivers ... # PCI IDE chipsets support ...
    (Linux-Kernel)
  • Re: [2.6.26-rc4] mount.nfsv4/memory poisoning issues...
    ... corruption issues during NFS mount. ... Have you seen the problem on client kernels earlier than 2.6.25? ... # Device Drivers ... # SCSI support type ...
    (Linux-Kernel)
  • hang with CONFIG_MCYRIXIII
    ... it seems down to compiling these later kernels with CONFIG_MCYRIXIII. ... This is free software; see the source for copying conditions. ... # Firmware Drivers ... # PCCARD support ...
    (Linux-Kernel)
  • Re: FC2 test3 and nVidia driver
    ... > Anyone know the situation with nVidia and their graphics drivers. ... The mismatch is that the 2.6 kernel has a different stack size than ... handfull of people are building private kernels with the old stack ...
    (Fedora)
  • Re: OT: Want to Build PC for Fedora Use - Hardware Questions
    ... > The P4P800 series had some problems with the newer kernels. ... I use an nVidia card after much fighting with ATI drivers and cards. ...
    (Fedora)