Re: [opensuse] Which kernel

* Felix Miata <mrmazda@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> [02-05-12 19:00]:
Thus the question, since he's stuck in runlevel 3 unless booting previous
kernel with proprietary NVidia already installed; accordingly, xorg.conf was
created consistent with NVidia custom high DPI operation and incompatible
with FOSS drivers (nv/nouveau). He wants to keep only the preferred kernel
installed, zypper rm the other, and install the proprietary driver only in
the remaining new kernel.

you *can* do for each kernel:
sh <path-to>/NVidia.....run -a -K

then you can run either w/o a problem...

  • input method on fc3?
    ... FC3 and soundcard ... >> without problems and sound works fine. ... What modules were loaded with kernel ... I can install and configure samba on Linux as easily as I can install ...
    (Fedora)
  • Re: Looooong Horror story, 10.04.4 LTS on an amd turion 64 bit laptop version
    ... I used a procedure which installed a custom combo of kernel 3.5.7 ... which appeared to install without any gotchas. ... The update-manager finished, I had it recheck, nothing left to do ... No networking at all, usb detection of my plugging in the radio ...
    (Ubuntu)
  • Fedora Core 2, Averatec 3220 notebook
    ... I recently bought an Averatec 3220 notebook computer and have spent some ... Following is a detailed "howto" guide for installing Linux (Fedora Core ... Linux distro, which is easy to install and use, and for lots of answers ... We need one because the default Fedora Core kernel doesn't grok NTFS ...
    (Fedora)
  • Re: Probably stupid question, but
    ... Flash is in the repos. ... The package contains a script that downloads ... If you manually install it, ... If you need a RT kernel for CAD/CAM work, fine, run the RT ...
    (Ubuntu)
  • Re: install woes
    ... looking at the Fedora 9 64bit DVD: ... I'd try the acpi=off, but I didn't need any boot options, as far as I remember ... appended the kernel, probably post-install. ... but on attempting to install, it freezes up at the test media screen. ...
    (Fedora)