Re: [opensuse] Vanilla kernel in repository

On Mon, Feb 06, 2012 at 07:10:31PM -0600, Jeffrey L. Taylor wrote:
To deal with my Intel Sandybridge hardware, I am trying the vanilla kernels.
The latest one appears to be misconfigured in the repository.

Have you tried the latest kernel from the 12.1 update repo too?

# zypper install kernel-vanilla
Reading installed packages...
Resolving package dependencies...

The following NEW package is going to be installed:

1 new package to install.
Overall download size: 41.1 MiB. After the operation, additional 138.6 MiB will be used.
Continue? [y/n/?] (y):
Retrieving package kernel-vanilla- (1/1), 41.1 MiB (138.6 MiB unpacked)
Retrieving: kernel-vanilla- [error]
File './x86_64/kernel-vanilla-' not found on medium ''

Suggestions on who to contact or how to fix it on my end. I've tried
installing several days apart and all attempts failed, so it doesn't look like
a change propagation problem.

Please call

osc maintainer --email Kernel:vanilla

and file a bug report at and assign it to the
maintainer the osc tool reported. The osc command is part of the osc
package. I expect it's possible to access the same information via the
web UI.

Be this nice and come back here with the bug ID or better a directly
useable URL to make it easier to follow the issue.

Lars Müller [ˈlaː(r)z ˈmʏlɐ]
Samba Team