Re: [opensuse] Vanilla kernel in repository

Quoting Lars Müller <lmuelle@xxxxxxx>:
On Mon, Feb 06, 2012 at 07:10:31PM -0600, Jeffrey L. Taylor wrote:
To deal with my Intel Sandybridge hardware, I am trying the vanilla kernels.
The latest one appears to be misconfigured in the repository.

Have you tried the latest kernel from the 12.1 update repo too?

I am on 11.4, which is still at 2.6.x

# zypper install kernel-vanilla
Reading installed packages...
Resolving package dependencies...

The following NEW package is going to be installed:
kernel-vanilla

1 new package to install.
Overall download size: 41.1 MiB. After the operation, additional 138.6 MiB will be used.
Continue? [y/n/?] (y):
Retrieving package kernel-vanilla-3.2.0.9429.g90a4c0f-1.1.x86_64 (1/1), 41.1 MiB (138.6 MiB unpacked)
Retrieving: kernel-vanilla-3.2.0.9429.g90a4c0f-1.1.x86_64.rpm [error]
File './x86_64/kernel-vanilla-3.2.0.9429.g90a4c0f-1.1.x86_64.rpm' not found on medium 'http://download.opensuse.org/repositories/Kernel:/vanilla/standard'

Suggestions on who to contact or how to fix it on my end. I've tried
installing several days apart and all attempts failed, so it doesn't look like
a change propagation problem.

Please call

osc maintainer --email Kernel:vanilla

osc requires an account, or at least asks for username and presumably
password. I once had a SuSE beta tester account, but I doubt I can recall it.
This route has too many hoops to jump through. I may yet choose to go this
route, but not today. I have been sick for a week and have no energy for high
demand tasks today.

and file a bug report at bugzilla.novell.com and assign it to the
maintainer the osc tool reported. The osc command is part of the osc
package. I expect it's possible to access the same information via the
web UI.

Be this nice and come back here with the bug ID or better a directly
useable URL to make it easier to follow the issue.

Most of the 3.2.x vanilla kernel links on software.opensuse.org are broken,
i.e., point to non-existent files. The one below works. Haven't booted into it
yet, but the file exists, downloads, and installs without error.

http://software.opensuse.org/search/download?base=openSUSE%3A11.4&file=Kernel%3A%2Fstable%2Fstandard%2Fx86_64%2Fkernel-vanilla-3.2.4-1.1.x86_64.rpm&query=vanilla+kernel

Jeffrey