Re: [opensuse] How to update PHP to 5.3.10?

* Patrick Shanahan <paka@xxxxxxxxxxxx> [02-07-12 14:49]:
* Andreas <maps.on@xxxxxxx> [02-07-12 14:41]:
I installed Opensuse 12.1 with PHP and added Suse's PHP repository.
Currently PHP is version 5.3.8.

Yesterday I searched for php-mbstring and clicked install.
The installer refused because mbstring were version 5.3.10 and thus
incompatible with my 5.3.8.
Then I searched for php5 and yast found everything on v 5.3.8 even mbstring.

Is there a special trick to let yast upgrade php?

s/b "First Step[tm]" to find a package

http://software.opensuse.org/search

you may need to enable via "Search options"
"Include users' home projects"

Note: this does not answer the subj: but offers install of 5.3.8 package.

  • Re: [opensuse] How to update PHP to 5.3.10?
    ... Currently PHP is version 5.3.8. ... Yesterday I searched for php-mbstring and clicked install. ... Then I searched for php5 and yast found everything on v 5.3.8 even mbstring. ... Is there a special trick to let yast upgrade php? ...
    (SuSE)
  • [opensuse] How to update PHP to 5.3.10?
    ... I installed Opensuse 12.1 with PHP and added Suse's PHP repository. ... Yesterday I searched for php-mbstring and clicked install. ... The installer refused because mbstring were version 5.3.10 and thus incompatible with my 5.3.8. ... Is there a special trick to let yast upgrade php? ...
    (SuSE)
  • RE: [PHP] Xampp question, pretty much 0T
    ... I suggest you look into VMWare. ... versions (player, server, etc) if you don't want Workstation (which I ... [PHP] Xampp question, pretty much 0T ... recommended it to me when I asked for an easy install of AMP. ...
    (php.general)
  • Re: Trouble getting PHP to use MySQL
    ... put a copy of libmysql.dll in the Windows/System32 folder. ... Now, when I look at the PHPInfo.php page, it does show MySQL as ... It shouldn't be a problem as long as it matches your PHP version ... And WAMP is ok for someone who doesn't understand how to install ...
    (comp.lang.php)
  • HOWTO: FreeTDS for Newbies (almost complete)
    ... One way to do that is to install FreeTDS, recompile PHP, ... You can go to freetds.org and install the RPMs on Unix or Linux ...
    (comp.lang.php)