[opensuse] Epson v330 scanner

In searching for a new scanner to replace my old one that is now defunct, I have become interested in the Epson V330. This scanner is unsupported by XSane, but Epson has a driver for it. It also has a GUI for this driver, but this GUI is said to support only black and white scanning. My question is if I install this driver, will XSane be able to see it and make use of it? I would be grateful for comments and advice, especially from anyone who has tried this.with an Epson scanner.
--
Stan Goodman
Qiryat Tiv'on

  • Re: What is a good printer/all-in-one?
    ... sometimes use a Nikon photo film scanner, ... between uscanner devices, but I don't see what that conflict might be. ... HP devices as you noticed require kernel recompilation and have that undocumented umass driver removal and load. ... uscanner driver so they will not work out of box without manually adding your devices into the driver and then recompiling despite the fact that epson and epson2 backends support them. ...
    (freebsd-questions)
  • Re: [opensuse] Epson v330 scanner
    ... I have become interested in the Epson V330. ... but Epson has a driver for it. ... My question is if I install this driver, will XSane be able ... especially from anyone who has tried this.with an Epson scanner. ...
    (SuSE)
  • Re: [opensuse] Epson v330 scanner
    ... I have become interested in the Epson V330. ... but Epson has a driver for it. ... My question is if I install this driver, will XSane be able ... especially from anyone who has tried this.with an Epson scanner. ...
    (SuSE)
  • Re: Following Clean Install Epson Problems
    ... a scanner and an All-in-one all working together. ... Epson NX300 working and had no room for another All-in-one. ... clean install of Windows about a month ago, ... Their driver support, New Soft, stated ...
    (microsoft.public.windowsxp.print_fax)
  • Re: [opensuse] Epson v330 scanner
    ... This scanner is unsupported by XSane, but Epson has a driver for it. ... It also has a GUI for this driver, but this GUI is said to support only black and white scanning. ... I would be grateful for comments and advice, especially from anyone who has tried this.with an Epson scanner. ...
    (SuSE)