Re: [opensuse] how to give files group rw permissions
- From: Greg Freemyer <greg.freemyer@xxxxxxxxx>
- Date: Tue, 14 Feb 2012 14:48:19 -0500
On Tue, Feb 14, 2012 at 2:31 PM, lynn <lynn@xxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
I want all files created or copied to a directory become rw for all group
I have a directory e.g.
chmod g+rws /home/dropbox
d-wxrws--x 2 root suseusers 4096 Feb 14 20:16 dropbox
However, if a user in the suseusers group copies or creates a file there it
-rw-r--r-- 1 steve6 suseusers 0 Feb 14 20:23 hola
but I want it:
-rw-rw---- 1 steve6 suseusers 0 Feb 14 20:23 hola
Can it be done?
With ACLS, yes.
Or for a simple tutorial, I helped write this many moons ago:
I assume it still works. If you need help understanding it, just let me know.
Now if some kind soul would move those to the new Wiki and test them
with a recent release, even better.
To unsubscribe, e-mail: opensuse+unsubscribe@xxxxxxxxxxxx
To contact the owner, e-mail: opensuse+owner@xxxxxxxxxxxx
- Prev by Date: Re: [opensuse] OpenSuSE 12.1: connect-debounce error
- Next by Date: Re: [opensuse] how to give files group rw permissions
- Previous by thread: [opensuse] how to give files group rw permissions
- Next by thread: Re: [opensuse] how to give files group rw permissions