Re: [opensuse] LibreOffice 3.5 in 12.1

Will Stephenson píše v St 15. 02. 2012 v 09:54 +0100:
On Tuesday 14 Feb 2012 19:40:34 Swapnil Bhartiya wrote:
LO 3.5 has been released which comes with some very useful features,
when will it be available for openSUSE 12.1? I have LO repo enabled.

Good question. Petr, can you tell us when LO 3.5.0 will be in the OBS for
12.1? LO:Stable and LO:Unstable both have 3.4.3.

I will do my best to prepare packages within next 3 weeks or so.

We are now big part of the community around LibreOffice. We made a big
effort to make 3.5.0 release as good as possible. I am currently busy
with preparing maintenance update to LO-3.4.5 for openSUSE and SLED. It
will fix some important issues. Then I will concentrate on packaging
LO-3.5.

Note that LibreOffice switched to the time based release model, see
http://wiki.documentfoundation.org/ReleasePlan#Summary. It means that .0
release might include annoying bugs. More conservative users should wait
for later bug fix release.

I know that 3.5.0 would be perfectly fine Factory. It is shame that we
do not have the package for openSUSE. I'll do my best to improve the
timing with the future releases. Please, be patient. LibreOffice is
still very young and growing project. The old developers spend a lot of
time helping new volunteers to get up to speed, ...

Best Regards,
Petr