Re: [opensuse] USB install can't find source media during 12.1 install

On Sun, Feb 19, 2012 at 12:40:12PM +0800, Frederic Muller wrote:

I'm trying to migrate from another distribution

If you have already a Linux system running on it download the install
kernel and initrd from the /12.1/repo/oss/boot/x86_64/loader/ directory.
The files are named initrd and linux. Next boot them and then you can
install. This process will drop you in the text mode.

and can't seem to be
able to generate the proper install medium to do so:
1. For some reason the DVD burning doesn't work in this release (it
was working with the last one)
2. DVD to USB do works and boot but I end up with getting a "can't
find source media' error message such as the one described here:
http://forums.opensuse.org/english/get-technical-help-here/install-boot-login/444358-cant-find-source-media-during-11-3-install-although-does-boot-iso-dvd.html

This is with 12.1

As a side note the install works on my desktop but doesn't on the
machine I would like to install 12.1 (A X61 laptop).

Lenovo Thinkpad without a DVD/ CD rom drive?

How about using PXE boot?

Lars
--
Lars Müller [ˈlaː(r)z ˈmʏlɐ]