Re: [opensuse] can't install Xerox Phaser 6140 printer

On 02/20/2012 12:09 PM, Robert Benjamin pecked at the keyboard and wrote:
Think i may have posted this before. If so, sorry. But have no reply.
Try add printer and it lists the phaser 6140N.ppd which is correct.
Software from Xerox is installed. The add printer box asks for address
which I don't know what that is. I typed 192.168.1.105 in the box which
is where I think the printer is but it says it can't find it. Tried the
same thing with http:// in front of the numbers and still it says can't
find printer. Please help .Newbie here. Please make instruction simple.
Thanks Bob

As usual we need more info.

How is the printer connected: direct to pc or network?

If network do you have a DSL/CABLE router that provides the printer an address? If so look on the router for the address that was assigned to the printer or print out a config page from the printer that should show that actual address or set the address via the printer conf settings.

--
Ken Schneider
SuSe since Version 5.2, June 1998

  • Problems setting up a network printer via 10base-T
    ... I am running a Windows 2003 Server network in my home/office with a shared ... Tektronix (Xerox) Phaser 540 Plus color laser printer. ... Phasershare 10base-T network card for it. ...
    (microsoft.public.windows.server.sbs)
  • Problems setting up a network printer via 10base-T
    ... I am running a Windows 2003 Server network in my home/office with a shared ... Tektronix (Xerox) Phaser 540 Plus color laser printer. ... Phasershare 10base-T network card for it. ...
    (microsoft.public.windows.server.setup)
  • Problems setting up a network pritner via 10base-T
    ... I am running a Windows 2003 Server network in my home/office with a shared ... Tektronix (Xerox) Phaser 540 Plus color laser printer. ... Phasershare 10base-T network card for it. ...
  • XEROX Workcentre XD120F printer on netowrk
    ... I am having problems with my XEROX Workcentre XD120F printer over the ... network, but I had it working with no problems for about 2 years. ... I have a dedicated computer running Windows 2000 Pro for printing to ... Now, for some reason, only the Administrator can print to this ...
    (microsoft.public.win2000.printing)
  • new printer: USB or network?
    ... In a recent thread ("can't get CUPS working with Xerox Phaser 6280DN"), ... question arose whether I should connect to the Phaser via USB or network. ... unavailable to other PCs on the 10.X.X.X company network. ...
    (Debian-User)