Re: [opensuse] can't install Xerox Phaser 6140 printer

On 02/20/2012 12:09 PM, Robert Benjamin pecked at the keyboard and wrote:
Think i may have posted this before. If so, sorry. But have no reply.
Try add printer and it lists the phaser 6140N.ppd which is correct.
Software from Xerox is installed. The add printer box asks for address
which I don't know what that is. I typed 192.168.1.105 in the box which
is where I think the printer is but it says it can't find it. Tried the
same thing with http:// in front of the numbers and still it says can't
find printer. Please help .Newbie here. Please make instruction simple.
Thanks Bob

As usual we need more info.

How is the printer connected: direct to pc or network?

If network do you have a DSL/CABLE router that provides the printer an address? If so look on the router for the address that was assigned to the printer or print out a config page from the printer that should show that actual address or set the address via the printer conf settings.

--
Ken Schneider
SuSe since Version 5.2, June 1998