[opensuse] Getting system mail in 12.1
- From: Bob Williams <linux@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
- Date: Tue, 06 Mar 2012 09:09:18 +0000
In previous openSUSE installations I have checked the box for the first
user to get system mail, and it works.
On this new 12.1 installation with KDE 4.7.2, with a pre-existing /home,
I did the same, but no system mail comes to the user.
Even after doing
:~ # service postfix start
:~ # chkconfig postfix on
an incantation that I found on a forum, root now gets mail, but it is
not redirected to me.
System: Linux 3.1.9-1.4-desktop
Distro: openSUSE 12.1 (x86_64) with KDE Development Platform: 4.7.2
(4.7.2) "release 5"
Uptime: 06:00am up 22:03, 3 users, load average: 0.25, 0.19, 0.12
To unsubscribe, e-mail: opensuse+unsubscribe@xxxxxxxxxxxx
To contact the owner, e-mail: opensuse+owner@xxxxxxxxxxxx
- Prev by Date: Re: [opensuse] Re: Should openSUSE review it's Security Policies?
- Next by Date: Re: [opensuse] Getting system mail in 12.1
- Previous by thread: [opensuse] faster way to get total dir size besides du?
- Next by thread: Re: [opensuse] Getting system mail in 12.1