Re: [opensuse] Firefox asking for the password where it shouldn't.

On Sun, 11 Mar 2012 14:27:04 +0100 (CET)
"Carlos E. R." <carlos.e.r@xxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

Hi,

Everytime I load a page from our wiki, I get a popup prompting for
the FF master password. I think it is triggering on the word "Login"
of the page.

It should be login input form, not word itself. Otherwise you will see
many warnings when you hit an article that talks about login :)

Is this avoidable? I do not want to have my master
password active unless it is really needed, ie, after I click on
login.

Check this:
http://kb.mozillazine.org/About:config_entries#Security.

Name: security.ask_for_password
Type: Integer
Meaning:
Determines when Mozilla Mail should ask for the master password.
0 (default): Only the first time it's needed
1: Every time it's needed
2: Every n minutes, where n is the value in security.password_lifetime.

security.password_lifetime is integer set to default 30 (minutes)

Default behavior is to ask for master password as soon as Firefox
encounters login form on a any web page, and once it is entered it will
not bug you for other web pages until you close it.

--
Regards, Rajko

  • Re: 1Password
    ... If you stash your 1Password directory in Dropbox you can use a web browser ... However, you need to be able to access the dropbox using the user login, ... and then use the master password to open the 1Password keychain. ... You can also switch to the AppleStore version, and use iCloud based ...
    (uk.comp.sys.mac)
  • [opensuse] Firefox asking for the password where it shouldnt.
    ... Everytime I load a page from our wiki, I get a popup prompting for the FF master password. ... I think it is triggering on the word "Login" of the page. ... I do not want to have my master password active unless it is really needed, ie, after I click on login. ...
    (SuSE)
  • Re: OS X System freeze
    ... inception, on several different Macs with several different utilizations, and just now I had to hard restart my computer for the first time because my iBook became totally unresponsive after waking from sleep. ... I recall once the screen saver was wedged, though on one occasion I had to kill my login process, which reset the box back to the login screen. ... You probably don't have to immediately hit the Big Grey Switch when the UI appears wedged. ...
    (comp.sys.mac.system)
  • Re: Metalink Updates
    ... The phrase "You will be prompted to change this password the first time ... you login" appears on a new line in my email. ... While following forum threads via the NEXT button I was place on the ... There is no ETA on having a the problem fixed from Oracle support per a ...
    (comp.databases.oracle.server)
  • Re: Error dialog on login
    ... "Rock" wrote: ... >> I am getting a popup the first time I login after a reboot of XP Pro SP2: ...
    (microsoft.public.windowsxp.general)