Re: [opensuse] Firefox asking for the password where it shouldn't.

On Sun, 11 Mar 2012 14:27:04 +0100 (CET)
"Carlos E. R." <carlos.e.r@xxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

Hi,

Everytime I load a page from our wiki, I get a popup prompting for
the FF master password. I think it is triggering on the word "Login"
of the page.

It should be login input form, not word itself. Otherwise you will see
many warnings when you hit an article that talks about login :)

Is this avoidable? I do not want to have my master
password active unless it is really needed, ie, after I click on
login.

Check this:
http://kb.mozillazine.org/About:config_entries#Security.

Name: security.ask_for_password
Type: Integer
Meaning:
Determines when Mozilla Mail should ask for the master password.
0 (default): Only the first time it's needed
1: Every time it's needed
2: Every n minutes, where n is the value in security.password_lifetime.

security.password_lifetime is integer set to default 30 (minutes)

Default behavior is to ask for master password as soon as Firefox
encounters login form on a any web page, and once it is entered it will
not bug you for other web pages until you close it.

--
Regards, Rajko