[opensuse] Re: virtualbox won't open

Hi Bob,

On 03/23/2012 12:05 PM, Robert Benjamin wrote:

OK. So I get the 3 items above and then click the first one.
The present one that is on my desktop can stay and will be
overwritten I assume.
Yes. But do not forget:
First, virtualbox will need to start without errors, then the next steps will be easy...
So you possibly might have to use the /etc/init.d/vboxdrv setup procedure that hat been described before.

And the guest iso ... I have win 7 64
bit and this openSuse I'm using is a 32 bit version. So wich
win 7 do I get for the .iso 32 bit to match openSuse or 64
bit which I have on a separate HD.

You will need to have a win7 32bit iso in order to use win 7 inside virtualbox running on top of Suse 32bit.

Kind regards
Eberhard

  • Re: [opensuse] Cant run VirtualBox
    ... everything for virtualbox that I had installed and then re-installed the ... package. ... To unsubscribe, e-mail: opensuse+unsubscribe@xxxxxxxxxxxx ... To contact the owner, e-mail: ...
    (SuSE)
  • Re: ubuntu 9.04 installation
    ... encourage to use Sun VirtualBox better than Virtual PC. ... there is an option to test your keyboard layout ... Modify settings or unsubscribe at: ...
    (Ubuntu)
  • Re: ubuntu 9.04 installation
    ... encourage to use Sun VirtualBox better than Virtual PC. ... Modify settings or unsubscribe at: ... Karl F. Larsen, AKA K5DI ...
    (Ubuntu)
  • Re: KVM virtual machines and storage.