Re: [opensuse] Re: virtualbox won't open

On Fri, Mar 23, 2012 at 12:23, Eberhard Roloff <tuxebi@xxxxxx> wrote:
bit and this openSuse I'm using is a 32 bit version. So wich
win 7 do I get for the .iso 32 bit to match openSuse or 64
bit which I have on a separate HD.

You will need to have a win7 32bit iso in order to use win 7 inside
virtualbox running on top of Suse 32bit.

Actually... no. You can install a 64 bit guest on a 32 bit host,
provided you meet the 3 prerequisites. See the documentation here:
http://www.virtualbox.org/manual/ch03.html#intro-64bitguests

That said, there is little to no benefit to installing a 64 bit
Windows guest anyway (for almost all use cases), so Eberhard's comment
is still good advice :-)

C.

  • Re: Fedora 7: The Linux Knight in Shining Armor?
    ... Fedora 7 repo. ... And just because a package comes in a server ISO doesn't mean that it ... Other stuff -- if it's not there in the install ... of exotic packages formerly in extras, ...
    (Fedora)
  • Re: PowerPC install stuck at dmesg
    ... After deciding that the official OS was becoming too slow for this aging hardware, and Apple PowerBook G4 FW800, I decided to install debian and then a WM such as LXDE, to better use the hardware. ... Then I see the output of dmesg as the machine partially boots, it makes it up to locating/defining the vmalloc and ioremap memory addresses, but then it appears to halt. ... My assumption is that this is not a console, just a dmesg readout, but I cannot figure out what the keybinding is on the mac to get to any other consoles. ... It will give your enough to uniquely identify the version, time and date of creation of the .iso. ...
    (Debian-User)
  • Re: Image Files
    ... To answer your question it's an ISO image and yes I want to install this ... learning software onto my hard drive so I don't have to go through accessing ... The only way is through using a cd/dvd emulator such as daemon tools. ...
    (microsoft.public.windowsxp.general)
  • Re: SUSE/LINUX newbie completely stuck on install -- NIC not recognized
    ... * I was not able to find the ISO disk at suse.com. ... they do have an ISO image available, but for a CD version only--it does not ... through the install, and it would fail. ... "It is not possible to generate installation CDs from a complete download. ...
    (alt.os.linux.suse)
  • Re: installing Fedora 10 from USB Disk On Key
    ... I have downloaded Fedora 10 installation iso. ... I want to install it from USB disk on key as my DVDrom is not working. ... and then boot from the USB disk on key (after setting the BIOS to boot ... Do you have a running Fedora system on that machine already? ...
    (Fedora)