Re: [opensuse] Re: virtualbox won't open

On 03/23/2012 07:23 AM, Eberhard Roloff wrote:
Hi Bob,

On 03/23/2012 12:05 PM, Robert Benjamin wrote:

OK. So I get the 3 items above and then click the first one.
The present one that is on my desktop can stay and will be
overwritten I assume.
Yes. But do not forget:
First, virtualbox will need to start without errors, then the next steps will be easy...
So you possibly might have to use the /etc/init.d/vboxdrv setup procedure that hat been described before.

And the guest iso ... I have win 7 64
bit and this openSuse I'm using is a 32 bit version. So wich
win 7 do I get for the .iso 32 bit to match openSuse or 64
bit which I have on a separate HD.

You will need to have a win7 32bit iso in order to use win 7 inside virtualbox running on top of Suse 32bit.

Kind regards
Eberhard

Things are going great so far. VBox started without errors, and it installed the extension pack successfully. Have not pressed start button yet. Two questions: First. In the box where you put the name of the VBox you want to use, below it are two boxes, one for operating system, the other for version. Is this for the guest or host OS? And second, How can I find out if I'm part of a user group. Saw that mentioned somewhere and not sure if it did that already or if I have to do it myself. Now I need to get an .iso of win7. Back later. Thanks. Bob

  • Re: Gnome and Ubuntu 12.04 beta
    ... I have 12.04 running on the same host; VMWare Player correctly ... does proper 3D, VBox does not. ... I do have the most recent VBox extension (VirtualBox 4.1.12 ... believe the key step was to install the FOSS virtualbox-ose guest ...
    (Ubuntu)
  • Re: VirtualBox problem in F15
    ... This was a change in the 4.x series on VirtualBox. ... Somehow I recall VBox giving a more ... config listing and then *remove* ... Rename/MV the .Virtualbax file to 'something' memorable. ...
    (Fedora)
  • Re:
    ... On Thu, 31 Jan 2013, Olivier Smedts wrote: ... errors when compiling virtualbox with gcc46, ... If I build Vbox with gcc4.2.1 it fails with: ... I appreciate and am grateful to all the developers who work on FreeBSD, ...
    (freebsd-current)
  • Re: Auto-VirtualBox!
    ... You might want to install also Virtualbox guest additions for a full screen ... I'm setting up our new Ubuntu computer for me and my sister to use. ... I also don't want the VBox account to need a password. ...
    (Ubuntu)
  • Re: [opensuse] compiling vmplayer vmmon module on OS 11.2
    ... How did you get the VMs from VMware to vbox? ... In VirtualBox, I selected the file "Ramböll XP Professional.vmdk". ... But when VB starts I get a window, but no boot. ...
    (SuSE)